ANNOUNCING A NEW ISTR AWARD for Civil Society Policy Impact Research
Friday, October 25, 2019
Two awards of $1,500 each will be given for research documenting effective civil society action resulting in a demonstrable public policy change.
- Submissions should cover one policy case study or an interlinked set of cases that took place during the preceding decade.
- Location may be anywhere in the world, with particular interest in cases from the Global South.
- The policy change could be at local, national or regional level.
- Researchers may apply as an individual or a team.
- At least one applicant must be a current member of ISTR in order for an application to be considered.
The deadline for completed applications is midnight GMT on January 26th, 2020. One individual and one team award will be announced at the ISTR conference in Montreal in July, 2020.
To be considered, submit a research summary of no more than 1000 words describing the policy change case and comprising the following elements:
- Statement of the policy gap or social problem addressed
- Identifying key stakeholders, including change agents and beneficiaries
- Modes of collaboration and public engagement employed
- Policy impact achieved
- Role of the research in making a conceptual and/or instrumental contribution
An article-length research paper may be included as an attachment but is not necessary for consideration
Applications can be accepted in English, Spanish, French, Mandarin Chinese or Arabic.
Applicants of winning submissions will be informed in late February.
Completed applications should be submitted online at www.istr.org/CSPIR
To learn more, click here.