Expressions of Interest to Host 2021 ISTR Asia-Pacific Regional Conference
Wednesday, September 18, 2019
The ISTR Asia-Pacific Regional Network seeks preliminary expressions of interest from colleagues and institutions throughout the Asia-Pacific region to organize and host the 12th ISTR Asia-Pacific Regional Conference, to be held in 2021. ISTR will decide on the host institution and location for the 2021 Asia Pacific Regional Conference during its meeting at the ISTR Conference in Montréal in July 2020.
ISTR Asia-Pacific Conferences have been held in Thailand 1999, Japan 2001, China 2003, India 2005, Philippines 2007, Taiwan 2009, Indonesia 2011, Korea 2013, Japan in 2015, Indonesia 2017, and most recently in Thailand in 2019. It is desirable that the opportunity to host the conference be shared across this diverse region from north to south and east to west. Hosting a conference provides an opportunity for strategic engagement of stakeholders and promotion of the third sector within the host nation and with its neighbours.
The organizations - or consortia of organizations - that are interested in coordinating the 12th Regional Conference should have the ability to:
- Establish a Local Host Committee composed of key members of the host institution(s) and relevant stakeholders. Members of this committee serve voluntarily and support the key tasks noted below:
- Engage a range of academics or practitioners that promote civil society or the third sector from within the host country to participate in the conference;
- Make fundraising efforts to ensure conference success;
- Coordinate the planning of all the on-site logistics to carry out the event, including but not limited to:
- Secure conference space and technical services for all academic sessions and conference events;
- Identify service providers as needed, including caterers, photographers, transportation providers, hotel partners, etc.;
- Identify and secure a reception venue;
- Arrange for printing the final conference program, signage, and name tags;
- Support VISA requests for conference attendees;
- Organize volunteers, student assistants, or others to provide on-site support during the conference; and
- Liaise with the Conference Academic Committee as needed
The process of selecting the host for the 2021 Regional Conference will be facilitated by the regional board members of ISTR.
Interested individuals and Institutions should send a letter of proposal before March 30, 2020 to Margery Daniels, ISTR Executive Director, at email@example.com
Please include information about the suggested venue, possible hosting partners, potential members of the host committee, likely funders, and other information pertinent to those reviewing applications.