ISTRAN Newsletter: Call for Contributions
Saturday, February 23, 2019
Very warm wishes to you all. We write on behalf of the International Society for Third Sector Research Africa Network (ISTRAN) to request your inputs for the next edition of the newsletter:
1. ISTRAN member insights/experiences from attending the ISTR international conference.
2. Member highlights/updates (new members, what members are working on, job changes, etc.).
3. Commentaries on topical issues with bearings on civic space in Africa, particularly those which might differ from global perspectives.
4. Opportunities relating to the study of civic space and civil society: space to share scholarships, fellowships, work opportunities, project funding calls, related conferences and symposiums, etc.
5. Demystifying the PhD: pointers on how to accomplish a PhD in this field from current students and/or those who have finished their doctoral work.
6. Bridging the gap between academia and practitioners: How do we make our academic research relevant for practitioners? And how do we (as students/academics) tap into practices and lessons from practitioners in the field?
7. We also welcome any other ideas you have!
All submissions should be sent in editable Word format to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org before March 15.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
University of Ghana, Ghana
Independent researcher and writer-copyeditor
Nelson Mandela University, South Africa