Opportunity at IVAR for Senior Researcher position
Wednesday, October 3, 2018
Posted by: Robin Wehrlin
IVAR have an exciting opportunity for a creative, analytical and driven individual to join our team as a Senior Researcher.
We are an independent research charity that works closely with people and organisations that are striving for social change. From very small, grassroots organisations that directly support the most vulnerable in their local communities, to those that work nationally – across the voluntary, public and funding sectors. We use research to support and strengthen practice – developing responses to live challenges and providing the evidence and insights needed to adapt to change and make informed and confident decisions.
This exciting and diverse role will suit someone with a track-record in research, an entrepreneurial mind-set and a passion for ensuring that research is useful and usable. The successful candidate will join a small, vibrant team of nine core staff, seven trustees and a network of 15 highly experienced associates and advisors, all of whom have worked in and around the voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector as volunteers, paid staff, leaders, trustees, teachers and researchers.
This is a maternity cover position, to 1 December 2019.
The postholder will:
· Lead and manage one of IVAR’s flagship programmes, Building Health Partnerships
· Lead and participate in a wide variety of research project teams on all aspects of research – qualitative and quantitative
· Initiate and develop new work
· Represent the organisation externally and build networks
· Generate communications content and contribute to the dissemination of learning within the voluntary sector, funding and public sectors
· Design and manage the implementation of a range of data collection methodologies
· Adopt an area of expertise (methodological or thematic) within the organisation
· Contribute to IVAR’s research practice and strategic development
Location: Exton Street, London, SE1 8UE (Waterloo)
Salary: £35,000-£41,000, dependent upon experience
Contract: Fixed term (to 1 December 2019)
Hours: 0.8FTE (applications for full-time may be considered)
Leave: 30 days per annum (pro rata if part time)
Closing date: 5pm, Monday 15 October 2018
Interviews: Expected 25-26 and 29-31 October, IVAR offices
Possible start date: As soon as possible
Full details on our website https://www.ivar.org.uk/senior-researcher/