ISTR 2018 Emerging Scholar Dissertation Award
Tuesday, October 3, 2017
Posted by: Robin Wehrlin
The International Society for Third-Sector Research (ISTR) is pleased to announce the ISTR Emerging Scholar Dissertation Award 2018. This award is presented biennially for a PhD dissertation completed or defended in the two calendar years (July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2017) preceding the award. Self-nominations are accepted.
Dissertations that contribute to the field of comparative study of civil society organizations, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), philanthropy, voluntarism and related issues are eligible. We encourage submissions of PhD dissertations from all parts of the world. Dissertations focused exclusively on the United States are not eligible.
The winner will be announced and the award will be given at the ISTR 13th International Conference in Amsterdam, The Netherlands which will be held July 10-13, 2018. The award is US $1,000.
Dissertations may be submitted in English, French, German, Spanish, and Portuguese.
Submissions must be submitted online at www.istr.org/2018_ESDA
Applications must include:
· letter of acceptance for the degree
· Up to 1,000 word abstract of the dissertation's subject matter, its approach and contribution to the field (in English)
· one full copy of the dissertation
Deadline: Dissertations and accompanying materials must be submitted online prior to January 15, 2018.
Entries will be judged by a committee based on the following:
· The dissertation’s contribution to the study of, knowledge on, and understanding of the Third Sector and/or related fields
· The dissertation potential to influence new thinking on the Third Sector and/or related fields
The committee is chaired by Dr. Tobias Jung, University of St. Andrews, Scotland.
For inquiries or questions, contact: Margery Daniels, Executive Director: email@example.com