The Public and Nonprofit Division (PNP) of the Academy of Management invites creative Professional Development Workshop (PDW) proposals that are interactive, innovative, and which enhance the skills of public and nonprofit scholars and practitioners. Submitters may want to develop workshops that relate to the 2020 All-Academy conference theme of “Broadening Our Sight.”
Professional Development Workshop (PDW) sessions at the annual Academy of Management meeting will be held Friday, August 7th and Saturday, August 8th, 2020 from 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM.
We are particularly interested in PDW proposals focused on any of the following aims:
· Supporting junior faculty
· Succeeding in the retention, promotion, and tenure process
· Publishing research
· Writing research grants and pursuing funding
· Developing technical skills for research
· Collaborating with practitioners on research projects
· Communicating research findings to the practitioner community
· Innovating the practice of teaching
The deadline for proposals is Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 5:00 PM ET (NY Time). Please submit your PDW proposals at https://aom.org/annualmeeting/submission/ . Only submissions through the electronic system will be accepted. The submission system is scheduled to open in late November 2019 and proposals will be considered on a rolling basis. Please note that there is limited space on the PDW program, so acceptance of proposals is competitive.
Contact PNP’s PDW Chair, Justin Stritch, at email@example.com if you have any questions.