Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In   |   Register
ISTR's 12th International Conference

 Stockholm, Sweden
 Ersta Skondal University College
 28 June - 1 July  2016


  • a passport that is valid for a minimum of three months after your visa has expired and which has been issued in the last ten-year period
  • an invitation from the company or the organisation arranging the conference (See below for more information on how to get a letter of invitation from ISTR).
  • money for your keep and for the journey home. Sweden requires that you have SEK 450 for each day spent in Sweden. In certain circumstances, this amount may be lower, for example in the case of a young child, if the cost of food and accommodation is paid in advance or if you are going to stay with relatives or friends. You must be able to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds for your keep with the help, for example, of bank statements or a document in which the person inviting you to Sweden promises to meet all expenses during the visit  
  • individual medical travel insurance which covers the costs which could arise as a result of emergency medical assistance, emergency hospitalisation or medical repatriation. The insurance should cover costs of at least EUR 30,000 and be valid in all the Schengen country.

Requirements of Swedish embassies and consulates 

Some requirements differ from country to country. It is therefore important that you check what applies in your case. The requirements may change depending on the current circumstances. You will find more information on the website of the relevant embassy. Click on the link at the bottom of the page find the appropriate embassy.

Special agreement for certain countries

Special rules apply for citizens of Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Georgia, Macedonia, Moldavia, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia and the Ukraine due to the Visa Facilitation Agreement concluded between these countries and the EU. More information about this agreement can be obtained from the embassies and consulates of the EU Member States in these countries.

Applying for a visa

You should hand in your visa application to a Swedish embassy or consulate-general. In certain countries, Sweden is represented by another Schengen country. There are also countries where Sweden does not have its own mission and is not represented by another country. If this is the case, anyone wishing to hand in a visa application must travel to the nearest country where there is a Swedish embassy or consulate-general.  

If you intend to hand in your visa application at another Schengen country's mission abroad, you should contact the mission in advance. In such cases, it is this country's documentary requirements which will apply. The documents should also be translated into the language of that country.

Countries whose citizens require a visa

Countries where Sweden is represented by another Schengen state

Swedish embassies and consulates-general

For more information and to download application forms, please visit the Swedish Migration website.


For those who require a visa to allow their entry into Sweden, ISTR is happy to provide a letter of invitation. To receive a letter of invitation, please send a written request to, with your full name, address, organizational affiliation, fax number with dialing codes, and full passport details (passport number, issue and expiry dates, nationality, etc.).

These letters of invitation will only be sent when ISTR has received the delegate’s conference registration form and fee.

It can take up to three to four months to secure a visa; please allow ample time to secure your visa.



Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal