Call for Papers: 2017 Voluntary Sector and Volunteering Research Conference
7-8 September 2017 Nottingham Conference Centre
This is the leading UK-based interdisciplinary research conference for academics, policy makers and practitioners with a shared interest in researching issues related to voluntary organisations and volunteering in the context of contemporary challenges.
Organised in partnership by NCVO, the Voluntary Sector Studies Network (VSSN) and the Institute for Volunteering Research (IVR), this conference is an opportunity to share research and network across different contexts, countries and different parts of the UK.
Find out more about the conference
Proposals are invited for individual papers, panel sessions (several contributions on the same topic or research) or workshops. Please consider submitting a proposal, and forwarding this email to those you think may be interested.
This year, we are particularly interested in proposals which relate to one or more of the following themes:
1. Civil society, democracy and grassroots voluntary action
2. Volunteering, participation and social action
3. Sectoral boundaries: private-voluntary-public sector relations
4. Funding, fundraising and philanthropy
5. Organisational management and governance, including regulation and charity law
6. Historical perspectives on the voluntary sector and voluntary action
7. Advances in theory and methods.
The deadline for submissions is 2 May 2017.
Find out how to submit your proposal