THE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR GOOD
May 14-16, 2015
Abstract deadline: December 29, 2014
Kimse Yok Mu (KYM) is an international non-governmental organization carrying out humanitarian aid and development projects in 113 countries around the globe without distinction of any kind, such as race, ethnicity, language, religion or gender.
In April 2014, KYM organized the International Conference on Philanthropy and Peacebuilding in collaboration with the Journalist and Writers Foundation and Istanbul Bilgi University, with the participation of 25 academicians from 19 countries.
The second international conference, Social Media for Good, is scheduled to be held in May 2015, in Istanbul. The International Conference on Social Media for Good aims to reveal theoretical contributions as well as representative practices addressing the use of new generation internet applications to generate social benefit.
This conference invites contributions for systematizing and improving existing models on social media, suggesting new innovative approaches and practices, using their effectiveness in enhancing goodness and philanthropy, and resolution of social problems.
With an interdisciplinary outlook, we invite academics, NGO professionals/volunteers, social media experts and the young to submit papers related to, but not restricted to, the following topics:
- Social media and philanthropy
- Social media and improving capacity of NGOs
- Motivation 3.0 on social media
- Struggling with bystander effect: Activism vs. clictivism
- Social media for campaining and raising awareness
- Social media in time of crisis
- Harnessing collaborative technologies
- Reliability of the platforms
- Creating new & reliable platforms for social good
- Using social media for volunteerism
- Social media and fundraising
- Collaboration opportunities for social good
- Philanthropic applications
- Social media vs. traditional media
IMPORTANT DATES (UPDATED)
· Deadline for Abstract Submission: December 29, 2014
· Notification of Abstract Acceptance: January 30, 2015
· Deadline for Full Paper Submission: April 15, 2015
· Registration Due: April 15, 2015
· Wellcome Reception: May 14, 2015
· Conference: May 15-16, 2015
Expenses for travel (economy class round-trip) and accommodation will be covered for speakers.
The extended deadline for the abstracts is December 29, 2014. The abstracts must be submitted to email@example.com . Abstracts must be no more then 500 words, must be written in English and must include title, name of author(s), author’s institution, e-mail address, abstract (body text) and keywords.
In December and January there will be workshops on philanthropy and social media at some universities in Turkey, Greece, Poland and Japan. These workshops aim to contribute to enhance the youngs’ knowledge on philanthropy, social media and provide them with the opportunity to develop new applications or projects on social good. The workshops are open to graduate and post- graduate students. After the one -day workshop, the attendees will prepare projects and the selected projects will be presented at a special session of the conference named ” Youth for Social Good”.
For details and the updates of the conference and Youth for Social Good Workshops please visit http://academic.kimseyokmu.org.tr and follow us at https://twitter.com/KYM_Academic
For any inquries please contact: