International Research Society for Public Management (IRSPM)
19th Annual Conference
30 March – 1 April 2015, Birmingham, UK
Third Sector Special Interest Group
The discussions of IRSPM’s Third Sector Special Interest Group focus on the role of third sector organizations and citizens involved in partnerships with public sector agencies, as well as the problems and opportunities that arise from such partnerships. Now in its 6th year, the group has proven to be a gathering-place for the research on this topic within IRSPM.
Topics that can be addressed by panelists include:
- The development of the purpose, design, implementation, and outcomes of third sector - state partnerships;
- Governance arrangements developed for these partnerships;
- The effect of partnerships on innovation in public management;
- The co-production of public services;
- The sustainability of collaboration;
- The effects of such partnerships on issues of human resource management;
- Critical evaluations of current state- third sector partnership concepts and of empirical developments in these partnerships.
We are interested in both theoretical and empirical papers that have implications for the management and governance of third sector organizations. Papers that are applicable across geographic boundaries are of particular interest.
Abstracts should be submitted online at www.irspm2015.com.
Ingo Bode, University of Kassel, Germany
Taco Brandsen, Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Neal Ryan, Southern Cross University, Australia
Mary Tschirhart, North Carolina State University