Annual Conference of the International Research Society for Public Management
Intersections: Governance, Democracy,
9-11, 2014 – Ottawa, Canada
Third Sector Group
Deadline for abstracts: October
The third sector panel at the IRSPM conference discusses research
at the intersection of third sector and public management scholarship.
Questions that could be addressed by panellists include:
• How have the purpose, design, implementation, and outcomes of
third sector – state partnerships developed over time?
• What governance and other conditions encourage or discourage
successful partnerships and innovation throughout the sector?
• Have recent developments affected the sustainability of
collaborative activities involving state and third sector organizations?
• Can we identify distinctive local and national patterns
concerning the development of partnerships and their impact on innovation?
• How are public-third sector partnerships branded and marketed?
• What are the human resource management implications of these
We are interested in both theoretical and empirical papers that
have implications for the management and governance of third sector
organizations. Papers that are applicable across geographic boundaries are of
Ingo Bode, University of Kassel, Germany
Taco Brandsen, Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Neal Ryan, Southern Cross University, Australia
Mary Tschirhart, North
Carolina State University, USA
Please send abstracts to firstname.lastname@example.org
by October the 1st, 2013. Abstracts
should be 300-600 words and contain the full contact details of the
For more information about the
conference, please visit www.irspm.net.